Location: Taviana, Baltic Sea
Written by A.Jansen
PORTIONS OF THIS DOCUMENT HAVE BEEN REDACTED FOR SECURITY REASONS. MOBILE TASK FORCE OPERATIVES OF SECURITY CLEARANCE LEVEL 4 MAY REQUEST UNREDACTED INFORMATION DIRECT FROM THE O4 COUNCIL.
Situation (AO Background)
Taviana (Officialy: Tavianska Sovjetskaja Socialističiskaja Respublika - TSSR - The Soviet Socialist Republic of Taviana) is an island country situated in the Baltic Sea approximately 120km off the coast of Lithuania or Kaliningrad. It has a population of approximately 1.5 Million inhabitants of who 90% are ethnic Slavs called Rustakiâ, Russians or Poles and 10% ethnic Lithuanians. The capital and second largest city of the republic is Sabina which is located on the Southern coast of lake Umag, Sabina has a population of approximately 150 000 and has the republics main international airport.
Taviana consists of three large islands. The main island being called Novistrana, the southwestern island Karelski, the northwestern island Baltskaya and several other small islands that are dotted around the surrounding sea.
The primary economic resource of Taviana is its enormous oil reserves thanks to its extensive offshore oil desposits. Due to this resource, Russia and Taviana have maintained a strong relationship since the collapse of the Soviet union, trading weapons, technology and currency for oil.
Taviana maintains an army of 22,000 full time volunteer soldiers and an additional 650,000 possible reserves due to the country maintaining mandatory service for all males. Additionally, Russia maintains a garrison of 8500 marines from the VMF (Russian Navy) on Taviana at all times.
Groups of Interest
Mission & Execution
By request of the O4 Council, TAU-44 is to rapidly deploy to the island of Taviana and conduct a full scale investigation of the current situation on the island and determine who is currently present on the island.
The primary objectives of this investigation are as follows:
- Establish the current condition of Taviana's population.
- Identify the unknown military forces which have inserted onto the island. If possible attempt to communicate with them.
- Acquire seismic and radioactivity activity records from the islands monitoring stations.
- Acquire any and all data relating to Tavianan/Russian military and government cooperation from government buildings and military installations.
- Identify any anomalous entities or activity on the island.
Tertiary Objectives include:
- Establish a secure location to establish a forward operating base.
- Apprehend any Tavianan civilian or military personnel and return them to the newly established FOB.
Detachment One will be deployed to Taviana via codename Submarine Alpha-6 'Deus Belli', a submarine provided by Nu-7 for the duration of this operation. Alpha-6 will anchored at the area indicated by the red X. Detachment One will insert onto the mainland via inflatable craft, any land vehicles will need to be found on the ground.
Detachment One must then find a location to establish a forward operating base. Once the FOB has been established, Detachment One can then commence their investigation.
- Rules of Engagement: